By Main Ingredient
Old Fashioned Pumpkin Pie
PREP TIME: 5 minutes COOK TIME: 35-45 minutes SERVES: Serves 8
- 66 people
This traditional pumpkin pie is inspired by a recipe from "Joy of Cooking" and is a great use of the Pumpkin Pie Spice blend from Trader Joe's. The pie is delicious and the texture is nice and thick.
Use canned pumpkin puree or make your own. Cut a pumpkin into big pieces and place them face down on a baking sheet. Bake them at 350 until tender, scoop out the pulp, and puree in a blender.
- 1 frozen Trader Joe's Ready Made Pie Crust, thawed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin puree (or canned cooked pumpkin)
- 1 1/2 cups Sweetened Condensed Milk (about 1 can, available organic at TJ's)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.) Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 2.) Place the crust into an oven safe dish. Crimp the edges, leaving the sides high.
- 3.) Whisk the remaining ingredients together and pour into pie crust.
- 4.) Bake 35 to 45 minutes until firm.
Note: Instead of the Sweetened Condensed Milk, you may just substitute with 1 1/2 cups cream and 1/2 cup sugar.