By Main Ingredient
Chocolate Coffee Fudge
PREP TIME: 5 minutes COOK TIME: 0 SERVES: 25 pieces
- 241 people
This fudge is ridiculously easy; 3 ingredients and about as many minutes
to prepare. The hint of coffee brings out and intensifies the dark chocolate flavor. The texture is smooth, silky, and just like old fashioned fudge. Every time I've
served it, I've been asked how to make it.
Vegetarian Gluten Free
- 1 14-oz can Organic Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee (or espresso powder)
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 12-oz bag Trader Joe's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.) Heat the condensed milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- 2.) Dissolve the instant coffee in the water (it will be thick) and stir into the condensed milk. (You can also just toss the instant coffee into the condensed milk but it won't dissolve completely. I tried this the first time and actually liked the effect of tiny bursts of coffee flavor throughout the fudge).
- 3.) Add the chocolate chips, lower the heat, and stir until melted and smooth (don't scorch it!).
- 4.) Pour into an oiled 8x8-inch pan. Chill in fridge until set (about 2 hours).
Tip: When cutting the fudge, a plastic knife is easiest. If using a regular knife, wipe it clean in between making cuts. Then use a spatula to lift out the pieces. You can also line the pan with wax paper for easier removal of fudge.