By Main Ingredient
Wasabi Arugula Pesto
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 0 SERVES: 1 1/2 cups pestp
- 20 people
Wasabi arugula?! This new item at Trader Joe's has been turning heads. Use it to make a flavorful pesto. Fresh pesto is delicious, easy, and bursting with flavor. The wasabi arugula version is not as spicy as the name implies, but has just a little bit more kick than regular pesto. The recipe also works with regular arugula or basil.
Vegetarian Gluten Free Low Carb
- 1 bag Wasabi Arugula (or plain arugula or traditional basil)
- 2 cubes frozen Crushed Garlic, or 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated/shredded Toscano cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.) Add arugula, garlic, pine nuts, cheese, and salt to a food processor. Process until smooth. Scrape sides if necessary.
- 2.) Drizzle oil slowly as you continue to process.
- 3.) Toss with spaghetti, linguine, or your favorite pasta until well coated. Freeze leftovers in a plastic freezer bag or in an ice cube tray. (If you plan on freezing a large batch, leave out the cheese and add cheese when serving)
No reviews yet. Login to add the first!