By Main Ingredient
Low Carb Paleo Pumpkin Pie
PREP TIME: 20 minutes COOK TIME: 60 minutes SERVES: 12
- 17 people
- Naomi Most
Need to stay ketogenic for the holidays? Have your pie and eat it too. This ultra-low-carb and very paleo-friendly pumpkin pie uses TJ's canned coconut cream instead of any dairy to create a rich, custardy pumpkin filling, with a hearty cinnamon-y, almost graham cracker-like crust.
Get lots more ultra-low-carb recipes over at TheHardcoreChef.com !
Vegetarian Low Carb Gluten Free
- 1 1/4 cups raw walnut halves
- 1 cup Just Almond Meal
- 2 Tbsp egg whites
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 15-oz can of TJ's Organic Pumpkin
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. You're going to bake the crust first for 15 minutes, then later reduce the temperature to 350 to cook the filling.
- In a food processor with the "S" blade, grind the nuts together with the almond meal and egg whites and salt. Consistency should be somewhat wet but able to hold together like a ball.
- Place the ball of dough into the center of a pie plate, and push with your fingers to coat the bottom and sides evenly.
- Place in oven in the middle rack and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven when done and let cool for at least 5 minutes before pouring in the pie filling.
- Turn oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Blend all ingredients together either by hand or with a mixer on the lowest setting.
- Pour filling into the pie crust.
- Place in oven on middle rack and cook for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the center of the pie has fully set.
- Remove and cool for at least 1 hour before eating.
Awesome with served with a slightly-sour whipped cream topping. Check out http://thehardcorechef.com for the recipe!
No reviews yet. Login to add the first!