By Main Ingredient
Brie in Puff Pastry
PREP TIME: 15 minutes COOK TIME: 25 minutes SERVES: Serves a large crowd
- 10 people
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's dried cherries or cranberries, softened
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's toasted & chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 sheet of Trader Joe's Puff Pastry
- 1 (15-ounce) Brie cheese round
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl, set aside. Stir the cherries/cranberries, pecans, honey and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14-inch square. Spoon the cherry/cranberry mixture in the center of the circle. Top with the cheese. Brush the edge of the circle with the egg mixture. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover. Trim the excess pastry and press to seal. Brush the seam with the egg mixture. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Brush the top with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 30 minutes.
It's great by itself but you can also serve it with crackers.
No reviews yet. Login to add the first!