- Top Trader Joe's Recipes
- Newest Trader Joe's Recipes
- Top Trader Joe's Products
- Newest Trader Joe's Products
BY SPECIAL DIET
BY MAIN INGREDIENT
No-Prep Veggie Lasagna
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 50 minutes SERVES: 8
saved by 264 people
This no-prep eggplant and spinach lasagna takes advantage of a bunch of great shortcuts, eliminating the sinkful of dirty pots and pans that are usually created when making lasagna. I conservatively indicated a prep time of 10 minutes, but this recipe takes me only 5 minutes to prepare before it goes into the oven.
I usually put the bag of frozen Misto alla Griglia and the bag of frozen spinach in the fridge the night before. That way, they will be thawed and ready to use when I go to make the recipe.
- 1/2 (16-oz) box No Boil Lasagna Noodles
- 2 jars Tomato Basil Marinara (26 oz each)
- 1 (14-oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 1 bag frozen Misto all Griglia (grilled eggplant & zucchini), thawed
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 (15-oz) container Fresh Ricotta or Fat Free Ricotta
- 1 (16-oz) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or grated Pecorino Romano
- Basil or Italian parsley for garnish (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Cover the bottom of an 8x12-inch or 9x13-inch baking dish with 1/2 cup marinara. Put down one layer of noodles (I used three noodles for each layer).
- 3. Spread half the container of ricotta on the noodles.
- 4. Squeeze the water out of the spinach. Layer half the spinach on top of the ricotta. Top with Misto alla Griglia slices and artichoke hearts. Pour on 1/3 of the marinara. Sprinkle on 1 cup mozzarella.
- 5. Top with another layer of noodles, remaining ricotta, and remaining spinach, and remaining Misto slices and artichoke hearts. Pour on 1/3 of the marinara. Sprinkle on 1 cup mozzarella.
- 6. Top with another layer of noodles, remaining marinara, and remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 7. Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or longer, until top is bubbling and melted. Let lasagna cool for a few minutes before serving so it will hold its shape. Garnish with herbs when serving.
Make sure to thaw completely any frozen ingredients before layering it in the lasagna. Don't be shy about using your hands when you make lasagna. I find it much easier to spread the ricotta and spinach with my fingers, and I compact and even out the layers by pressing with my hands.