- Top Trader Joe's Recipes
- Newest Trader Joe's Recipes
- Top Trader Joe's Products
- Newest Trader Joe's Products
BY SPECIAL DIET
BY MAIN INGREDIENT
PREP TIME: 5 minutes COOK TIME: 8 SERVES: 82 Cookies
saved by 12 people
I fell in love with Trader Joe's Cookie Butter/ Speculoos Spread and I just had to make cookies with it. These cookies have soft center and crispy along the edges, with a wonderful Speculoos glaze over top!
- 1 Cup Speculoos Cookie Butter from Trader Joe’s
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs or Substitute
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 Tbsp Turbinado Sugar
- For Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons Speculoos/Cookie Butter
- 2 tablespoons Non-Fat Milk
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and Cookie Butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the eggs/Substitute and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.
- Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet (these cookies grow). Using the tines of a fork, flatten balls by making crisscross marks on top or flatten with your hand. You may have to dip your fork in the sugar for easier pressing. Now Sprinkle with Sugar
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- To make the glaze-combine Speculoos/Cookie Butter, powdered sugar, milk, in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. If it is too thick or thin, adjust by adding more milk or powdered sugar. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.
- Makes 82 cookies
- Calories per cookie: 65, Fat: 3.8, Cholesterol: 6.2, Sodium: 25, Potassium: 8.5, Carbs: 7, Fiber: .03, Sugar: 3.7, Protein: 3.8
No reviews yet. Login to add the first!